One can do only one thing at a time on conscious level. This means the rest of what we do is based on subconscious level.
Up until recently I did not understand how and why I decided to become a certified kettlebell instructor which dates back end of 2005 and ultimately took my first RKC level 1 in June 2007.
A guy said "Why don't you get certified as a kettlebell instructor and make it your secondary job?"
I agreed on most of it except I was seeking it to be my full time job.
I trained for a year and half, got it in 2007 and kept teaching it mainly in Japan, one opportunity in Vietnam and assisted Korean RKC.
Now this doesn't explain why I decided to get certified because the main reason was engrained in my subconscious level.
- Back in 1980s to early 1990s, I was immersed into bench press and football culture, evidently was in bad shape as result of training. Knee injury kept nagging me until I got my hand to kettlebells in 2004.
- Pavel Tsatsouline's second video (More Russian Kettlebell Challenge) at the time was a good resource, just good enough that I don't have to worry too much about training my knee specifically. I was able to squat deeper without feeling much pain.
- My body somewhat wanted cure so I kept attending certifications ever since 2007. Most of them cost thousands of dollars per trip. In 2008 was RKC 2, 2009 CK-FMS, 2011 another RKC 2 and Korean RKC assistant, 2012 Primal Move, 2013 SFG 2. The more I traveled the more skilled I became on curing my body alignment.
Then there's this "Why would I want to be strong?" question.
I dug one answer out from my subconscious mind and there's one answer I didn't like.
- I pursued to be strong to detract the weak ones.
- Weak doesn't mean anyone who lifts less than I do nor people who don't train.
- Weak in terms of boasting their strength by how much they eat, how much they drink, how abusive they are to subordinates and employees.
- I desired no environment that forced me to live a life I did not wish.
- Being strong (no violence involved) kept me within my desired life style and attracted numbers of physically and mentally strong people.
So there it is. This journey will go on.